Hi everyone! If you have ever tried count calories or cut out carbs, you know that pasta is something you have to avoid.
I really enjoy using spaghetti squash for pasta options, but it takes a long time to roast. I recently discovered angel hair pasta made from hearts of palm from the brand “Natural Heaven.” The hearts of palm takes on whichever sauce option you apply to it (like tomato, Alfredo, pesto, garlic + olive oil, etc.). It has a realistic pasta texture and took me under 15 minutes to make this whole dish!
I decided to make this dish by browning Italian sausage, adding garlic, adding Rao’s vodka sauce, adding in the angel hair “pasta”, and topping it with parsley and fresh parmesan cheese.
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil (or oil of your choice)
- Ground Italian Sausage (I used 16oz but had some leftover for other dishes)
- Natural Heaven Ready Pasta Angel Hair style (1 box)
- Rao’s Homemade Vodka Sauce (1/2 container)
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (or to taste)
- Ground parsley/salt/pepper (to taste)
- Parmesan cheese (to top)
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat in a sauce pan
- Fully cook ground sausage, then remove from pan
- Heat up sauce of your choice and add in the hearts of palm pasta
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add back in sausage and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add in salt and pepper to taste
- Put “pasta” in individual bowls and top with fresh parmesan cheese and parsley